Terms & Conditions
Ordering from Family Labels
- * Our shopping cart is fully secure. Please refer to our Privacy and Security information.
- * Please proofread carefully before submitting your order. You are responsible for the copy you send to us. Please check names and addresses carefully. Verify all information is complete and accurate before submitting your order. We will print exactly what you specify. Our web ordering system is automated. We are not able to screen or check individual orders.
- * Computer monitors display colors differently. The actual color of our products and inks may be slightly different from that which is displayed on your monitor. If product or ink color is critical, please order samples before placing your product order.
- * Paper products may vary slightly in color and weight, from one mill lot to the next. A product ordered today may vary slightly in color or weight from the same product ordered previously.
- * Samples that are ordered and samples that are received might vary slightly. To reduce waste, we do not print samples for every option of every product.
- * We ship your order via reputable carriers only, including FedEx, UPS and the USPS. Standard delivery generally requires several days for your order to reach its destination. Express delivery is available for an additional fee.
- * Shipping and Handling (S&H) will be added to the total of your order. S&H is calculated based upon the total dollar value of your order. It is impossible to calculate or bill the actual shipping amount before your order is manufactured, packaged and shipped. What you pay for S&H is very close to our actual cost. Unlike many of our competitors, we do not design our shipping tables to be profit centers.
- * Shipment to multiple addresses is available for an added fee, in addition to the S&H. Multiple shipments require additional handling and packaging.
- * Special rates apply to shipments outside the continental U.S. and for oversized packages.
International Shipping with MyUS.com
- Information Collection and Use
- Information Collection
- Information Use
- Third Party Advertising
- Log Files
- Communications From Site
- Choice & Opt-in/out
- Surveys & Contests
- Email To Friend
- Personal Information
- Billing Information
- SSL Encryption
- Additional Information
- Children's Guidelines
- Notification of Changes
- Contact Information
- Information Collection
We have partnered with MyUS.com to offer convenient international shipping to our customers. They provide great shipping rates to more than 225 countries with quick delivery times. Customers sign up with MyUS.com and receive their own private U.S. street address to receive merchandise. MyUS.com provides specialized international package forwarding services from your new U.S. address to your international address.
- Follow these two steps for international delivery:
1. Get your own MyUS address in America at www.myus.com.
- 2. Use your new MyUS address, provided by Access USA, when placing your order with us.
- MyUS.com members receive deeply discounted shipping rates, exceptional customer service, the ability to consolidate packages, 24/7 online access to their account, and access to other services.
- * All charges are in U.S. dollars. The recipient of the package is responsible for credit card exchange rates, delivery fees and custom charges.
- * UPS cannot deliver to Post Office boxes. Please provide us with a physical street address for these carriers.
- * For safety and security, it is advantageous to ship your order to a commercial address. Carriers sometimes leave packages unattended, or with a neighbor, if no one is home when delivery is attempted. These packages can be lost, forgotten or even stolen. We are not responsible for the loss of your order by failed delivery. We will assist you in filing a claim with the carrier, but in no case shall we issue a refund or free replacement for an order where the carrier can provide delivery confirmation. Nearly all our shipments can be tracked from our manufacturing facility to the delivery address. For your security, we suggest you specify a commercial address, if possible, for delivery during normal working hours.
- * We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa credit cards and Paypal. The security of your account numbers is assured. See our Privacy and Security information.
- * When paying with a credit or debit card your account will be authorized within 1 day of submission. Your card will be charged upon your order entering production.
- * All prices and payments are in U.S dollars. We are not responsible for fluctuations in the exchange rate between the time you submit your order and when we bill your credit card.
- * Indiana orders will include sales tax. This will be added to the total of your order.
- * If you have credits posted to your account, they will be applied to your order before we calculate the total due. Credits are not redeemable for cash.
- * A returned check fee of $25.00 will be assessed for all checks returned by your bank.
Changes or Cancellations
- * Printed or Personalized Items: Your printed order begins processing automatically as soon as it is submitted. If possible, we will accommodate your request to change or cancel your order. A minimum $10 fee will be charged to change or cancel your printed or personalized order. If your order has already been printed or personalized, changes or cancellations will not be made. You will be charged for the original order
- * Non-personalized Items: Orders for off-the-shelf-items, which are not personalized can be changed or cancelled if they have not been shipped. A $10 handling and re-stocking fee, per order, will be charged for changes or cancellations of off-the-shelf items.
- * To avoid change or cancellation fees, please check your order carefully prior to submitting it.
- * To request an order be changed or cancelled if possible, contact our customer service department using contact information found on this web site.
- * Each personalized order is individually handcrafted by our trained staff. Please allow us the adequate production time needed to produce your order with the highest quality standards.
- * Most personalized stationery and accessories are usually manufactured and shipped within 3-4 business days of receiving your order, unless otherwise specified on the product detail page.
- * Order Early: All orders are manufactured as quickly as possible, but heavy work volumes that occur from time to time may cause delays.
Problems With Your Order
- * Damage: If, upon receipt, you find that your order is not as it should be, please contact our customer service department immediately, using the contact information provided on this web site. Any damage must be reported within ten (10) days of delivery. No allowances or credits will be given after this period.
- * Returns: We proudly stand behind all our products. We are not happy unless you are completely satisfied. You may return non-personalized items for refund, credit, or replacement, within ten (10) days of receiving your order. Before returning any item, contact our Customer Service Department and provide complete details about the item(s) you wish to return. Contact information is provided on this web site. Items being returned must be in their original packaging and carton. We're sorry, personalized items where we have made no error, cannot be returned. If we make an error in manufacturing your personalized item, we will happily replace it, or issue a full refund for that item. Errors in personalized items must be reported to our Customer Service Department within thirty (30) days of receiving your order. We are not responsible for errors in your original copy or print instructions Returns should be shipped to:
- * Shipping charges are refundable only if we made an error in the original order. No allowances, refunds, credits, exchanges or other adjustments may be made for non-personalized items not returned within ten (10) days from receipt of your order, or for personalized items where we have not been notified of a defect in your order within thirty (30) days of receipt of your order.
- * We work hard to insure your complete satisfaction. Unfortunately, from time to time, despite our best efforts and intentions, errors do happen. When they do, we will replace the item, or refund your money, without hesitation or argument. Family Labels shall not be liable, in any way, for consequential or inconsequential damages or losses sustained, or aggravated, by any errors, omissions or delays in the manufacture or shipping of your order, except as defined within this statement of Terms and Conditions.
We guarantee our personalized products and accessory items to be free of manufacturing errors or product defects. Should we make an error in your original copy, or written instructions, we will replace your stationery, or any other personalized item, free of charge, if notified within (30) days of receipt of your order. Non-personalized items may be returned for replacement or a full cash refund should you be dissatisfied with them for any reason. Simply return any unsatisfactory non-personalized item within ten (10) days.
We also accept orders by mail, fax or phone. See the Customer Service page of this web site for additional information concerning alternative ordering methods.
Advertising and Marketing
Family Labels reserves the right to use any and all products designed and produced by its staff for advertising and marketing purposes, whether such creation is a custom order or otherwise. This use also includes, but is not limited to using customer testimonials and customer designs as product samples, in photographs and in advertisements. This applies to all marketing and advertising by Family Labels both online, verbal media and in print. If customer is opposed to any aspect of his/her design being used in this manner, customer must notify us in writing at the time of order placement.
Intellectual Property Protection
All content appearing on our Web sites or in our printed catalogs and materials, such as graphics, text, logos, head images, layout and/or programming, is the property of Family Labels. All images including, but not limited to, the faces and all original artwork and designs, are protected by intellectual property laws and are exclusively for use by FamilyLabels.com. Any other use without the express written consent of Family Labels is strictly prohibited. Family Labels reserves the right to pursue all legal remedies against any person(s) or company(s) who infringes on these rights. All rights, trademarks and copyrights are reserved.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
Family Labels makes no warranties, or representations, implied or expressed, as to the content and information in our catalog or on our Web site(s) or its operation. Furthermore, Family Labels will not be liable for any damages, of any kind, arising from the use of our catalog(s) or Web site(s), including but not limited to, incidental, direct, indirect, punitive and/or consequential damages.
Privacy & Security
American Stationery Company, Inc. (the Company), as owner and operator of several commercial web sites, including:
is committed to your online security and privacy. We believe that your online shopping experience should be safe, secure and enjoyable. We take measures to make that happen. This statement provides details concerning our policies and procedures to protect your online security and privacy. This privacy statement does not apply to information we may gather through sources other than our web sites, including, but not limited to, orders that are transmitted by telephone, fax or mail.
The Company is the sole owner of the information collected on our web sites. The Company collects information from our users at different points on this web site.
In order to browse this web site, a user need not register. To use advanced web site features, such as online personalization, save my work or email to a friend, a user must complete a short registration form where we will ask for the user's name and email address. The user's email address becomes the user's login ID. Account security is protected by asking for a user defined password. Please do not share your password with anyone. If lost or forgotten, we have provided recovery features to help you retrieve your forgotten password.
Registration enables us to establish a user account for you, and enables the advanced features. We also use this information to provide a more personalized experience on our site.
Once your user account has been inactive for a period of 12 months or more or if it is 6 months after the wedding date, we may remove it from our online database and you will need to re-register in order to use those features again. Invalid email addresses will be removed.
When you order a catalog online you will receive an order confirmation, and a shipping confirmation via e-mail. As a catalog requestor, you will also receive e-mail promotions that can be used on future orders. You may opt-out at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of the e-mail.
When ordering, we request additional information from the user. This includes contact information (such as phone number, and address) for billing and shipping, and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date or checking account number and bank routing number). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer's orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user.
We believe in helping others. We believe that our customers may wish to share their good experiences on our site with their friends and relatives who may also be interested in similar products. To this end, we may ask our customers to provide us with email addresses of others who may enjoy visiting our site. We will send a promotional email to those referred, containing a link to our web site. We will identify you as the person who has referred them to us. Referring others to us is always voluntary.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. We use session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Once users close the browser, the session ID cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions.
By allowing a cookie from our site, users would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If users reject the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. For example, the user will not be able to participate in some marketing promotions that may be offered from time to time, to users matching a specific profile. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
Like most standard web sites, we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information. The information we gather through log files is never tied to your personally identifiable information. We reserve the right to share information we gather in the aggregate, through the use of log files.
Communications from the Site
Special Offers and Updates
We send new registrants a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members may occasionally receive information on products, services and special promotions. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Opt-in/out & Update section.
Service announcements are typically not promotional in nature. They are sent to our customers to provide specific services or information. For instance, when a customer's order is shipped from our manufacturing facility, we will advise the customer by email of the shipping specifics, and provide (if applicable) a tracking number, and method for the customer to track their order. We may send email notices to our users advising them of changes to this policy, or to our terms and conditions or to announce new products/product linesor changes in our hours of operation. Additionally, from time to time, we may send a service email to all our users in order to clean our database. Such messages allow us to purge invalid email addresses, and also afford all users an opportunity to review and change, if desired, their opt in/opt out status.
We communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services. In regard to issues relating to their account we may reply via email or phone, fax, postal mail, or such other communications as we deem most appropriate.
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our web site.
Third Party Intermediaries
We use third party credit card processing and check processing companies to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
In the event the Company goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
Opt-in/out & Update
By using our web site, our users agree to the uses of information described in this statement, and are "opting-in" to receive communications as herein described. Registered users may update their information in "My Account" at any time. Users checking out with guest registration are automatically "opted-in" for promotional emails. Any user who is opted in may click on the link in the promotional email to "opt-out" or may visit http://www.americanstationery.com/opt/optout/index/ to optout. Additionally, from time to time, we may send a service email to all our users in order to clean our database. Such messages allow us to purge invalid email addresses, and also afford all users an opportunity to review and change, if desired, their opt in/opt out status.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time, our site may request information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. Though we may use an intermediary to conduct these surveys or contests, they may not use users' personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Email To Friend
If a user elects to use our Email To Friend feature, for inviting a friend or relative to comment on a particular project the user is working on, we provide a form for our user to enter the friend’s email address, their own email address (to identify who it is from) and to add a note to the friend. The Company will automatically send the friend an email containing a link to preview the user's work. The friend will only be able to view the user's project. The friend will not have access to the user's account, personal information or other projects. The friend will not be able to change, edit, modify, add or delete anything from the user's account or saved work file. The Company may add text to your email to a friend, offering the visiting friend the opportunity to establish their own account. Special promotional offers may also be inserted in the email invitations to your friends. The Company NEVER harvests the email addresses you insert in the email to a friend form, for any purpose, including follow on promotional emails. We do not send unsolicited promotional emails.
This web site takes reasonable precautions to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information, that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also take steps to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We use the information internally, to insure the accurate and timely fulfillment of the user's order. We may also use the information internally, for specific marketing or promotional campaigns, as described within this statement. We may share some information with our affiliate partners and/or our third-party affiliate management company, to ensure proper payment of affiliate commissions. From time to time, we may sell, license or rent lists, containing your name and address information, but never email address, credit card or payment information, to others, unless you request us not to do so. Our users’ election, to have their information shared, or withheld, may be changed at time of ordering. We NEVER sell, license or rent your email address to others.
Billing information, including credit card account numbers, expiration dates, checking account numbers and bank routing identifiers are never shared with third parties, except those companies associated with order and payment processing.
Digital certificates encrypt data using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, the industry-standard method for protecting web communications developed by Netscape Communications Corporation. The SSL security protocol provides data encryption, server authentication, message integrity, and optional client authentication for a TCP/IP connection. Because SSL is built into all major browsers and web servers, simply installing a digital certificate turns on their SSL capabilities.
SSL comes in two strengths, 40-bit and 128-bit, which refer to the length of the "session key" generated by every encrypted transaction. The longer the key, the more difficult it is to break the encryption code. Most browsers support 40-bit SSL sessions, and the latest browsers enable users to encrypt transactions in 128-bit sessions - trillions of times stronger than 40-bit sessions. Our web site supports 128-bit sessions.
The Company is committed to protecting the online privacy of children. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from or about children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent. If you are under 16 and would like to purchase items from the Company, or provide personal information about yourself or your family, please ask a parent or guardian for assistance.
The Company cannot prevent minors from visiting this site. The Company must rely on parents, guardians and those responsible for supervising children under the age of 16 to decide which materials are appropriate for such children to view and/or purchase.
Each time you purchase a product from this site, or provide information about yourself or your family, you are representing to the Company that you are 16 years or older.
Notification of Changes
100 N. Park Avenue
Peru, Indiana 46970